Veteran hiring is something I am extremely passionate about because I’ve lived through the transition from military life to civilian life. Not in a uniform, but as a spouse. I have seen first-hand how hard the transition can be not just for the service member but for their families as well. Four years of service, eight years, 20 years… it’s all a major adjustment. These men, women, and their families have served us and our country with selflessness, dedication, and pride. It’s at the absolute top of my priority list to make sure I, my team, and my companies serve them in return.
Hiring veterans just makes sense because they make great employees! There are so many positive attributes that veterans and spouses bring to the table that are invaluable to companies and teams: respect, discipline, integrity, teamwork, work ethic, leadership, maturity, and the ability to stay calm and collected under pressure just to name a few. Not only that, but they just get shit done. Take those characteristics and they match the Kadence Collective core values or what we like to call “The Kadence Way”. See, it all makes sense!
Things Kadence Does to Support Veterans
- Volunteer to serve and speak on employer panels at the local military bases in San Antonio for transitioning service members going through their TAP classes prior to separation.
- Volunteer to serve and speak at Microsoft military boot camps/cohorts.
- Involved with local veteran networking associations such as LinkedInMilCity.
- Co-Lead the San Antonio Salesforce Saturday where we have partnered with Operation Supply Drop (OSD)/Vetforce to bring more awareness of the SF ecosystem to transitioning service members and veterans.
The biggest goal is to raise awareness in the community about Salesforce. Many transitioning service members, vets, and spouses aren’t familiar with Salesforce at all; however, they do have the IT background that allows for a seamless transition into the platform. I’ve shared Salesforce with hundreds of veterans and turning them onto Trailhead Military/Salesforce has been a game-changer for so many.
Organizations Kadence Works With
We still have more work to do to get some of these partnerships officially underway, but we are on the right track to ensure Kadence is doing their part to hire veterans and help get them trained up with needed Salesforce skills. Here are several organizations that help us achieve just that:
- Hire our Heroes
- Skillbridge Program
- Merivis Foundation (we are currently working on becoming a Merivis sponsor)
- Salesforce Military/Trailhead Military (currently working on becoming an official Military Alliance Partner)
Another one we are going to focus on is hosting a fellow through the Hire our Heroes Salesforce Fellowship program.
Other Resources for Vets in San Antonio and Beyond
- Veterans Technology Education Courses
The VA is Serious About Helping Veterans Get Jobs in the Tech Industry | Code Platoon
- US Tech Vets
- Wounded Warrior Project | Warriors to Work
- Hero 2 Hired
- ClearanceJobs (I used to work with this quite often in my last role. It’s a great tool for those transitioning service members that have an active clearance and looking for jobs under the IT umbrella)
P.S. We’re hiring!
People probably get sick of hearing me say this at events and in conversation, but just because I can’t hire you, doesn’t mean I can’t help you. Our technical recruiter, Vanessa, and I are always happy to discuss current and upcoming Kadence positions with transitioning service members, veterans, and spouses and we wish we could hire everyone. We know that’s not the reality, but if KC roles don’t work out we are still glad to give resume advice, interview tips/tricks, and send resumes out to colleagues and hiring managers that might have the right fit for them. Check out our careers page to learn more.